Providing time is an occupation that is greatly misunderstood and generally looked down upon by society. One who undertakes this as a primary profession or as an adjunct to another profession realises that s/he exposes the most personal of space to the client in exchange for financial or practical remuneration. This close interaction requires a very high level of trust be established between the provider and the client, and I feel it is critical that the client understand that s/he knows that s/he is dealing with someone who adheres to a strong code of ethics.
I strive to accomplish these major goals:
- Provide valuable, beneficial, safe, and enjoyable service to the client.
- Ensure personal boundaries and health of either party are not compromised, that maintain my dignity and integrity, and that I don’t compromise my own personal ethos.
- Reflect positively upon the profession as a whole.
Voluntary subscription to a code of ethics has historically been one way to demonstrate the commitment to excellence in any profession. As I aim to strive towards excellence, a code of ethics is the next logical step meeting that goal.
This code of ethics is predicated upon the following assumption of rights:
- I reserve the right to screen clients to my personal satisfaction and standards and always personally determine who I will see and who I will not see, and under what conditions.
- I reserve the right to set my own boundaries, and to have my clients to respect them at all times. I reserve the right to end a session without refund if a client does not respect my boundaries.
- I reserve the right to refuse to see a client if the client refuses to accept my personal boundaries or engages in behaviour I deem unsafe, threatening, or illegal.
- I reserve the right to determine how I use my personal attributes to make a living, and to be respected for the decisions that I make.
- I reserve the right to serve only the clientele I am comfortable serving without judgement from clients or other providers.
- I reserve the right to be treated as a human being, with full agency and all other rights due me, including the right to petition for redress under all relevant civil and criminal laws of my country. I have every expectation that law enforcement agencies and the judicial system will treat me with the same dignity and respect they afford all other complainants.
Code of Ethics
- I will enter and practice this profession of my own free will, under duress from no other party, while understanding the true nature of the work I’ll be doing.
- I will exhibit a sincere commitment to providing a quality experience for the client. If the client is not having a good experience, I will work towards resolving that situation in any way I can to the satisfaction of the client without compromising my personal ethos, health, or safety in the process.
- I will respect my clients as human beings and not treat them as anything less than how I expect to be treated.
- I will respect my client’s physical, emotional, professional, ethical, and spiritual boundaries.
- I will maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, striving for excellence through regular assessment of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and through continued education and training.
- I will not use bait and switch tactics to lure clients under false assumptions or pretenses. I will not advertise as an unrealistic age for my visual appearance. If my photos do not accurately represent me, I will not use them.
- I will respect my client’s confidentiality, and not, under any circumstances, divulge the names or other identifying features of my clients.
- My email practices are secure and the content of our emails will always be professional in nature.
- I will not defraud or cheat a client in any way.
- I will advertise myself honestly and not misrepresent what I am prepared to do or the skills that I have.
- I will plainly state my expectations on my web site(s) and not engage in unfair attempts to upcharge or upsell clients. The price listed on the website is the price the client can expect to pay.
- I will not submit false information about clients to blacklists and similar reporting venues.
- I will recognise that there is a wide variance in acceptable behaviour and identity, strive to accept those variations in my clients, and accommodate those variances when they do not conflict with my own personal ethos or skill levels.
Safety and Health
- I will use appropriate safe practices at all time.
- I will not practice my trade if I am sick or ill.
- I will not entertain clients if I am physically or emotionally impaired to the point where I cannot ensure my safety, the safety of my client, and meet my client’s expectations.
- I will not entertain clients if I am unable to provide a top tier experience.
- I will not entertain clients who engage in illegal activities, nor will I engage in illegal activities with clients.
Respect for the Profession
- I will not advocate or condone anything non-consensual/involuntary or anything involving minors, and will report the existence of such behaviour to appropriate authorities immediately should I discover it.
- I will not take advantage of or manipulate clients or other providers in any way for personal gain.
- I will not sell my reference or provide any kind of references for clients I did not actually see.
- I do not judge other providers for who they choose to see or not see.
- I do not judge other providers for how they spend their money, or what gifts they receive.
- I do not judge how other providers run their business or how much they charge.
- I do not judge other providers for what they do or do not offer.
- If asked, I will provide honest, legitimate advice and information to those who inquire about working in this profession.
- I strive to be a lady, and will conduct myself as such at all times.
- I am honest, sincere, professional, and value discretion above all else.